Sunday, June 28, 2009

Tatsoi Salad and Kale for Breakfast

Good morning...

I have been eating very simple vegetable dishes lately, so I've had nothing to share. But today I have two ideas worth sharing. The first is a Tatsoi salad that I assembled for a dinner Friday night. It is taken from a New York Times link.

Tatsoi and Roasted Corn Salad with Sauteed Peaches

2 peaches
Couple handfuls of frozen corn
1 bunch of Tatsoi
juice from one lemon
Kosher salt

Sautee the peaches in canola oil until they of soft and a thick sauce has formed. Also cook the frozen corn. Let both cool,

Wash and chop the tatsoi.

Toss the peaches, tatsoi, and corn in a bowl and add the salt and lemon juice to taste.

It was pretty good I think...


The next idea is something I had for breakfast while traveling for work last year in Spokane, Washington.

Poached Eggs on Kale

Eggs
Kale
Toast

It's as easy as it sounds. Make toast. Saute Kale. Poach eggs. Top with salt and pepper and enjoy. I'd keep the yolks runny to add some moisture to the kale and toast.

Have a good weekend - what's left of it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment